If your can opener is looking a wee bit disgusting and rusty, it is the best time for you to start cleaning and disinfecting it up on your own by using an old and unused toothbrush, a dental floss, and some white vinegar.
If you don’t start cleaning up on your manual or electric can opener, the rust on the can opener might contaminate your canned foods when you are trying to open the can with the rusty can opener, and this is really unhealthy. You don’t have to trouble yourself by wasting more money to get a new can opener, just simply clean it up by doing it yourself with the aid of some household items mentioned before.
1. When you have gathered everything that you need to clean your can opener, you can start cleaning the can opener by taking a string of the dental floss. Use the dental floss string to wipe out any debris along the blade of the can opener and other areas that are hard to be reached.
2. Next, what you need to do is to dampen the old and unused toothbrush and use it to scrub any other areas of the can opener.
3. Wipe everything until you are sure that the can opener is hundred percent clean by using a piece of damp cloth.
4. The next thing that you should do to finish cleaning the can opener off is to gently dampen any soft rag that you could get with the white vinegar in order to help deodorize the can opener and make it much shinier.
5. Apart from using the white vinegar, you could also use the other alternative to clean the can opener if you don’t have any white vinegar, which is by making a paste using water and baking soda. Once you are done with the paste, apply the paste to the surface of the can opener and scrub it hard with the old toothbrush.
6. If you are cleaning an electric can opener, never submerge it in water since most electric can openers are not waterproof, and your electric can opener will be easily damaged if you put it in water for a long time. Instead, try placing only a minimum amount of water on the rag or the toothbrush and scrub it off. At the same time, make sure that the electric can opener is not plugged in before you start cleaning it.
Since a dirty can opener may hold a lot of bacteria, it is really important that you clean it often. The most important aspect of cleaning your can opener, whether it is a manual or an electric can opener, is to check the can opener thoroughly before you clean it as there might have been some cockroaches or any other tiny insects contaminating the blade of your can opener.
To ensure the cleanliness of your can opener, always bear it in mind to store it at some clean, high, and dry place.
- Best Can Opener – Main
- Tips on Choosing the Best Can Opener
- Types of Can Openers
- Canned Food Storage Tips
More Related Posts: